Bodylift surgeon in Paris
The body lift or circular total dermolipectomy is a reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery procedure of the abdomen that allows the treatment of excess skin and fat of the abdomen, buttocks and back in the same operating time.
The body lift consists of a combination of several aesthetic plastic surgery techniques: a tummy tuck and a buttock lift with a circular abdominal scar that goes all the way around the abdominal belt.
Social security coverage is possible.
Key points of the body lift :
Duration of the procedure: 3 hours
Hospitalization of 24 to 48 hours on average
15 to 21 days off work
The patient’s weight must be stable and the BMI must be less than 30
This medical information sheet was written by Dr. Ralph ABBOU and Dr. Rachel PESSIS who are plastic surgeons in Paris.
Before and after photos of Bodylift in Paris
What is the body lift ?
The body lift or total circular dermolipectomy is a post-bariatric cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery intended to remove excess skin and fat from the middle third of the body and to increase the volume of flat buttocks after very significant weight loss.
- On the abdomen, the excess skin of the belly is removed.
- On the buttocks, the skin is pulled up. This results in a circular scar at the waist.
- Treatment of excess skin on the back
- Treatment of excess skin on the pubis
The goal of the lower body lift is to remove excess skin and fat from the abdominal belt for a dramatic decrease in overall body volume.
The frequency of this surgical procedure of the middle third of the body has exploded due to the increase in the number of patients undergoing bariatric surgery (sleeve and gastric bypass).
It is common to perform an arm and thigh lift or an outer thigh lift later in post-bariatric surgery after a body lift.
The body lift is covered by social security after massive weight loss.
Patients eligible for a body lift should ideally have a body mass index of less than 30 in order to minimize the risk of phlebitis and pulmonary embolism.
This information sheet was written by Doctor PESSIS who is a plastic surgeon in Paris in June 2021
What are the objectives of the body lift ?
The body lift is recommended in the following cases:
- Massive weight loss after dieting or bypass: loss of 20 kgs and more
- Obesity of the lower body that resists dieting
- Generalized obesity: in this case the body lift can also be considered as a fat reduction surgery.
- Age and alteration of post-menopausal skin elasticity: in the same way that face lifts are performed, body lifts can also be performed
- Congenital drooping of the pubis, buttocks and thighs: in this case, an isolated buttock lift is performed
Who is the body lift for?
The body lift is intended for patients who have a drooping stomach and pubic area, drooping buttocks with excess fat and skin following a significant weight loss or due to aging.
How is the body lift performed?
Before the operation
- Two medical consultations with your plastic surgeon to analyze your figure and plan your procedure.
- Anesthesia consultation
- Pre-operative blood test
- Smoking cessation
Procedure of the circular dermolipectomy
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia in the operating room. The average hospital stay is two days.
Each surgeon has his or her own technique for obtaining an aesthetic result.
- Installation: the operation consists of 2 phases of approximately equal duration. In principle, it begins in the prone position and ends in a semi-sitting position.
- Liposuction: the procedure often begins with liposuction of the hips to remove volume and mobilize more excess skin.
- Then the excess circular band of skin is removed from the lower back, over the buttocks and laterally to tighten the outer thighs.
- Finally, the ventral phase: this allows the abdominal wall to be repaired and excess skin to be removed. The surgeon joins the posterior incision which will be in continuity with the anterior incision.
Post-operation after a body lift
Recovery is a little longer than for any other plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery because of the duration of the procedure, the surfaces operated on and the quantities removed.
Swelling and bruising appear quickly and can be quite intense, as well as fatigue and pain, which are well controlled by appropriate painkillers.
Some of the results are visible immediately because the skin is always spectacularly taut again.
After three weeks, the swelling begins to disappear and the result is even more impressive. As far as the scar is concerned, it is important to know that, although it generally fades with time, it cannot disappear completely.
The scar and the final result can be judged after one year.
In addition to the aesthetic improvement that is often appreciable, the body lift brings a very clear improvement in comfort and quality of life.
You will be able to resume your activities after 3 to 4 weeks, so it is necessary to organize yourself and anticipate this necessary convalescence period.
A work stoppage is foreseen if the operation is covered by social security.
Bodylift price in Paris
|Bodylift or circular dermolipectomy||From 10 000 €|
The cost of the body lift depends on the complexity of your case and the associated surgical procedures.
Social security coverage is possible after significant weight loss.
Other interventions after post-bariatric surgery
In post-bariatric cosmetic surgery or after weight loss, here are the most common procedures:
- Upper Bodylift: to treat excess skin on the back and reduce the chest
- Arm lift : to correct excess skin on the arms
- Breast prosthesis placement: to correct loss of breast volume
- Thigh lift : to treat excess skin and fat on the thighs
What surgery is reimbursed for weight loss?
- Body lift after prior agreement with the social security
- Abdominal plasty if excess skin covering the pubis after prior agreement with the social security
- Arm lift after prior agreement with the social security
- Thigh lift after prior agreement.
How old do I have to be to have liposuction?
From the age of 18, it is necessary that your growth is complete before considering liposuction.
Is cosmetic surgery reimbursed ?
Cosmetic surgery is never reimbursed by the social security or by the mutual insurance company.
Reconstructive surgery can be reimbursed by the social security after prior agreement.
What is a Lipectomy?
What is the price of a body lift?
The average price of a body lift varies between 7000 euros and 10000 euros depending on the technical complexity, the associated surgical procedures (liposuction, treatment of a diastasis) and the possible coverage by social security.
When to have a Bodylift?
You can have a body lift if:
- the patient’s weight is stable
- the BMI (body mass index) is less than 30.
- There is an excess of skin on the belly with an abdominal apron
- there is a ptosis or relaxation of the buttocks with excess skin.
CONTENUS DE LA PAGE (Chirurgie et médecine esthétique Paris)