Nymphoplasty (labioplasty): how to be operated?
Nymphoplasty (also called labiaplasty or labioplasty) is a cosmetic and plastic surgery procedure of the vulva that aims to reduce the size of the labia majora and/or the labia minora of the vulva.
The vaginal labia minora and majora may be drooping or overdeveloped (hypertrophic). Patients may wish to have a nymphoplasty for aesthetic or functional reasons.
This information sheet was written in July 2020 by Doctor ABBOU and Doctor PESSIS who are doctors and surgeons in Paris, specialized in intimate cosmetic surgery.
Photos before and after nymphoplasty in Paris
Definition: what is a nymphoplasty?
Many women are born with enlarged labia minora, which can also be irregular and asymmetrical.
Other women develop enlarged labia minora after childbirth or with aging.
It is the most frequent intervention in intimate plastic surgery in women. Its purpose is to reduce and lift the labia minora and correct any asymmetry.
The enlarged labia minora of the vagina can cause the following symptoms :
- Pain or irritation during physical activities such as walking or cycling
- Difficulty and pain during intercourse
- Cosmetic genoa
- Inability to wear tight clothes
- Increased incidence of infections
- Reduced self-confidence
It takes place under local anesthesia or general anesthesia in the operating room in a clinic.
The price of nymphoplasty depends on the complexity of your case. Social security coverage is sometimes possible in the event of psychological repercussions.
It is possible to treat the labia majora at the same time by lipofilling the labia majora or injections of Désirial hyaluronic acid in order to harmonize the general appearance of the vulva.
What are the objectives of reduction nymphoplasty ?
Les objectifs de la labioplastie :
- obtenir une vulve harmonieuse. La taille des petites lèvres doit être en rapport avec celle des grandes lèvres et du volume de la vulve.
- Traiter les frottements et les douleurs dus à l’hypertrophie des petites lèvres lors des rapports sexuels.
- Rajeunir la vulve
- Améliorer votre vie sexuelle
- Prévenir les infections génitales
Who is it for ?
Nymphoplasty is intended for patients who :
- Do not like the aesthetic aspect of their vulva
- Have enlarged or overdeveloped labia minora
- Have hypertrophic labia majora
- Have pain during sexual intercourse due to friction
- Have irritation of the vulva due to friction (walking, physical activity)
- Have a ptosis of the vulva (looseness) after pregnancies
What is the operating mode?
Before the nymphoplasty
- 2 cosmetic surgery consultations with your surgeon
- Anesthesia consultation if general anesthesia
- Pre-operative check-up
- Smoking cessation
Procedure of the nymphoplasty
Nymphoplasty is performed under local anesthesia, sedation, spinal anesthesia or general anesthesia in the operating room of a surgical clinic.
Our surgical technique consists of a triangular resection (wedge-shaped) inside the lip to remove the excess mucous membrane.
The scar is thus perfectly invisible, hidden in the folds of the mucosa. The nerve endings are intact, and the scar is not visible.
The procedure will not have any negative consequences on sexual relations or childbirth.
The choice of technique and type of anesthesia is made in consultation between you and the surgeon.
The procedure lasts about 45 minutes and is usually performed on an outpatient basis.
The aftermath of surgery after a labiaplasty
Your plastic surgeon will give you clear instructions before and after your surgery. You will be prescribed local care to be performed several times a day.
- After the operation, a small amount of bleeding lasts 2 to 3 days. Intimate hygiene is allowed from the next day with the prescribed medication.
- Swelling and bruising are usual. Post-operative follow-up is generally not very painful, requiring only simple painkillers.
- The sutures will normally be removed in eight to twelve days, at which time healing is obtained.
- The scars are almost invisible once a stable condition is obtained.
- It is advisable to wait three to four weeks before gradually resuming sexual activity. Sports can be resumed after 6 weeks.
Price of nymphoplasty in Paris Paris
|From 3400 €
The cost of nymphoplasty depends on the surgical complexity of your case, the type of anesthesia and the type of hospitalization.
It is possible to combine lipofilling of the labia majora, a reduction of the clitoral hood or a vaginoplasty in the same operation.
Nymphoplasty can be covered by social security in case of significant functional discomfort.
FAQ: everything you need to know about nymphoplasty
How is a Nymphoplasty performed?
In the operating room under general or local anesthesia. The surgeon surgically removes the excess of the vaginal labia minora. The scar is invisible.
Why do the labia minora hang down?
Most often the labia minora hang down from puberty, in other cases the changes of the labia minora appear after pregnancies and hormonal changes.
Who performs Nymphoplasty?
- Plastic surgeon
Is it normal if the labia minora come out?
This is not abnormal as long as it does not cause you discomfort in your daily life or pain during sex.
Can nymphoplasty modify sexual pleasure?
For the vast majority of women, the clitoris is the structure associated with sexual pleasure. As such, you should not notice any loss of sensation after surgery.
Many women find sexual activity more pleasurable because the labia minora are no longer irritated during intercourse.
In some cases, a vaginoplasty can be performed at the same time if the vagina is distended.
Is it possible to combine a nymphoplasty with a clitoral hood reduction?
Yes, it is possible to treat the hypertrophy of the vaginal labia minora by nymphoplasty at the same time as the reduction of the clitoral hood and also to associate a lipofilling of the labia majora in order to harmonize the whole female sex.
How long after the nymphoplasty to resume sexual relations?
On average 3 weeks after surgery, the time to obtain a satisfactory healing. During your post-operative follow-up, your surgeon will inform you according to the stage of your healing.
Is nymphoplasty painful?
You will experience moderate pain for the first few days after the procedure. These pains will be calmed by the painkillers that we will prescribe and by local care.
What is vaginal radiofrequency used for?
Radiofrequency of the vagina and vulva (labia minora and majora of the vagina) is used to treat vaginal looseness and vulvar hollowness.
It is a non-surgical treatment of aesthetic medicine that takes place in the doctor’s office. Vaginal radiofrequency is not painful and does not require anesthesia.
The aftermath is very simple and allows you to return immediately to your daily activities.
CONTENUS DE LA PAGE (Chirurgie et médecine esthétique Paris)
- Nymphoplasty (labioplasty): how to be operated?
- Photos before and after nymphoplasty in Paris
- Definition: what is a nymphoplasty?
- What are the objectives of reduction nymphoplasty ?
- Who is it for ?
- What is the operating mode?
- Price of nymphoplasty in Paris Paris
- FAQ: everything you need to know about nymphoplasty
- Questions & Answers
- How is a Nymphoplasty performed?
- Why do the labia minora hang down?
- Who performs Nymphoplasty?
- Is it normal if the labia minora come out?
- Can nymphoplasty modify sexual pleasure?
- Is it possible to combine a nymphoplasty with a clitoral hood reduction?
- How long after the nymphoplasty to resume sexual relations?
- Is nymphoplasty painful?
- What is vaginal radiofrequency used for?
- %s Annuler la réponse
- Questions & Answers