Facelift for men
The male facelift is a type of neck lift specifically for men. Facial rejuvenation for men is a very common request for facial cosmetic surgery.
It is the most comprehensive and long-lasting treatment for the effects of time on the face: wrinkles, loss of volume and sagging skin.
This information sheet was written by Dr. Ralph ABBOU who is a plastic surgeon specializing in facelifts.
Before and after facelift photos for men in Paris
What is the face lift for men ?
The face lift for men has some specificities compared to the classic face lift for women. In particular because of :
- Less abundant hair or baldness that requires adapting the scar path
- Thicker skin than in women, which requires specific tensioning
- Slackening of the skin
- A more important and frequent double chin and more fat to be lipoaspirated
By using advanced, less invasive mini-facelift techniques and smaller incisions, it is possible to minimize visible scarring, even for men over 50 with baldness and short haircuts.
What are the objectives of a male facelift?
- Durable treatment of facial wrinkles: nasolabial folds and more bitterness
- Treatment of jowls
- Treatment of sagging lower face
- Treatment of double chin
- Treatment of excess facial skin
- Re-tensioning of facial muscles
Who are the male facelift candidates?
A male facelift is for men over the age of 45 who wish to treat sagging and wrinkles in their face.
As men age, the chin and jawline become less defined, with additional adipose tissue (fat) deposited under the chin. This usually begins in the late 30s:
- The skin of the neck begins to sag and excess skin appears.
- Vertical bands are formed due to the contraction of the plastysmal muscles in the neck
How does the facelift work for men?
Before the operation
- Two medical consultations with your plastic surgeon to analyze your face and define the surgical strategy: remember to bring photographs of yourself when you are younger to the medical consultation
- Anesthesia consultation
- Pre-operative blood test
Course of the operation
The operation takes place in the operating room of a clinic under general anesthesia or sedation depending on your particular case.
For men, the face and neck lift has the following particularities
- Need for liposuction of the face and neck due to excess fat localized on the chin and jawline. This makes it possible to redefine the oval of the face.
- Plicature of the SMAS (superficial musculoaponeurotic system) which allows the muscles of the face to be re-tensioned.
- Skin removal and more important skin detachments: more skin is removed than in women.
After liposuction, through the same small incision under the neck, the platysma muscle is tightened with sutures by the plastic surgeon. This is called a platysmaplasty.
The result of this procedure is a more youthful and energetic appearance.
- Social eviction for 15 days
- Bruises for 15 days
- Swelling for about 1 month
- Stable result 3 months after the lift
- Final result one year after the operation
Men’s facelift price Paris
|Face lift for men||From 5 000 €|
The rate depends on the complexity of your case and the associated surgical procedures (eyelids or blepharoplasty, lipofilling)
Which men have facelifts?
When aging becomes noticeable and bothersome to you, it may be the right time for you to consider a facelift. The timing varies depending on the patient. Some people notice the effects of aging starting in their late 30s, while for others, they don’t feel the need until they are in their 60s. The majority of patients who choose to have this surgery are between the ages of 40 and 60.
The best candidates for facelift surgery are patients who are healthy, do not smoke and have realistic expectations about both the benefits and potential risks.
What are the expected results?
After your facelift, you will have a considerable rejuvenation of your face postoperatively, but it will continue to age harmoniously.
It will then be possible to maintain the results of your facelift with non-surgical techniques of aesthetic medicine.